IOSH Directing Safely Course in Leighton Buzzard.
Monday 14th October 2012
IOSH Directing Safely
The course aims to provide Directors/Senior Managers/Owners of companies with an understanding of the moral, legal and business case for proactive health and safety management and to give guidance on effective risk management.
The course reflects the principles embodied in:
- the HSE’s ‘Successful Health and Safety Management’ (HSG65)
- the Turnbull Report (‘Internal Controls: Guidance for Directors on the Combined Code’)
- the Institute of Directors and HSC ‘Leading Health and Safety at Work’
Who Should Attend?
The Directing Safely course is intended for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within an organisation.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- understand the importance of strategic health and safety management and its integration into other business management systems
- understand the statutory duties of directors, managers and employees
- identify accident causes and plan for prevention through hazard identification, risk assessment and control strategies
- appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
- understand the importance of employee selection and the effect of human factors on health and safety
- recognise the importance of consultation and communication with employees on health and safety issues
- appreciate the significance of performance monitoring for continual improvement of health and safety management.
An IOSH Directing Safely certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments.
Understanding of the course material is evaluated by:
- A 15-minute written assessment paper consisting of 10 multi-choice questions.
- A project designed to test the delegate’s knowledge of acceptable records/documentary evidence required to support an organisation’s defence in litigation. (completed on the day)
Course duration: 1day
Location: Leighton Buzzard
Date: 14th October 2013
Course cost: Only £225.00 per person plus VAT.
Fee includes: IOSH fees, workbook, refreshments and lunch.
For a booking form or more details please contact Bob on: